Loneliness is one of the biggest causes of depression amongst aged people. Prolonged isolation can result in feeling of neglect and demotivation which can lead to physical and mental deterioration.
On the other hand, companionship is essential for seniors and can effectively prevent the harmful effects of prolonged isolation and depression. Maintaining regular interaction with others helps your loved ones remain happier, engaged, and motivated to continue on.
Our caregivers nurture a friendly relationship with our clients to help them cherish each day.
Our companionship services include:
- Doing crafts and hobbies for mental stimulation
- Participating in social activities at home or in the community
- Going for leisurely walks (pets are welcome!) to promote fitness and active lifestyle
- Attending family gatherings, concerts, religious events or festivals
- Conversing, storytelling and reading books